Single-coiled, brass bugle with nickel-silver trimmings (rim, mouthpiece receiver, ferrule) and brass keywork. It has seven flat, round-cover keys mounted in saddles, a bossed ferrule, and a brass mouthpiece. The bell seam has slightly angled tabs. Nominal pitch: 4-foot C.
Moritz, C. W. [Person]
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Berlin (Timezone: Europe/Berlin)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on garland: C. W. Moritz. / Königl. Hof. Instrumentenmacher. / Gips St. 15 in Berlin|Engraved on bell flare, just above garland: 1.B. 24. L.R. NoII.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 495mm; Height: 245mm; Bell diameter: 150mm x 155mm; Sounding length: 1215mm