Single-coiled, soprano trombone made entirely of brass in two sections (slide section and bell section), joined through a socket/tenon joint. The slide section has a removable tuning slide with a water-key. There is no locking mechanism on the slide. The bell seam has tabs. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Floral engravings on bell with area for signature.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 520mm; Bell diameter: 126mm