Slide tenor trombone made of silver-plated brass in two sections (slide section and bell section), joined by a tenon-socket joint. There is one water-key on the slide bow with a coiled spring, and an extra main tuning slide. The slide has bumper springs on the inner tubing on top. It has a nickel/chrome-plated mouthpiece. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Floral engraving on bell flare. Ferrules embossed with a mesh like pattern/background with flowers, leaves and birds.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: EXCELSIOR SONOROUS / CLASS A / HAWKES & SON / Denman Street / Piccadilly Circus / LONDON / 29295|Stamped on bell receiver: 72
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 1110mm; Bell diameter: 153mm; Sounding length: 2650mm; Extra tuning slide length: 260mm (slide on: 140mm)