Military bass drum
This is a standard pattern, military bass drum with lacquered wooden shell, wooden counterhoops, 28-inch synthetic heads, and a chrome-plated rod-tensioned system using claws and double-wall lugs (10 rods). It has a chrome-plated carry ring/eye.
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Shell lacquer in Royal tri-colour (blue, red and white) and counterhoops with standard wavy-line pattern.
- Inscriptions:Branded on the inside of shell: A1/7710-99-120 2653 / [broad arrow] 1995|Metal plate on vent hole: PREMIER / PERCUSSION / Made in England
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Width: 315mm; Diameter: 735mm