Suona, oboe. Wooden body with a conical bore, the exterior coated in a near-black lacquer and evenly scalloped along its length. Seven finger holes positioned in the scalloped recesses, and one thumb hole. Cylindrical brass ferrule and reed receiver at the proximal end, and a brass bell, which has a straight conical profile at the top and a curved flare towards the rim. No associated reed, staple or pirouette.
- Materials:copper alloy, paint, wood
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 388 x 130 mm