Tuba in E flat, bombardon, saxhorn contrebasse. Tall model, right facing bell. Brass body with lacquer coating. Three Berlin valves. U-shaped stays. Eyelet for shoulder strap. Bell engraved in copperplate script: Adolphe Sax & Cie a Paris 9846; Beneath this inscription is stamped: RUDALL, ROSE & CARTE/Sole Agents/100, New Bond Street/LONDON; Beneath this is an emblem of a letter A imposed over a letter S.
- Materials:solder, copper alloy
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 860 mm x 320 mm