Tenor horn in E flat (high pitch). Brass with silver plating. Three Périnet valves. Socket for music card holder on third valve loop. One water key. Distinctive curved stays. Stamped on bell: THE TRIUMPHONIC/Class A/24151/BLOOD.AND.FIRE/THE SALVATION ARMY/MANUFACTURED/BY THE/SALVATIONIST PUBLISHING/& SUPPLIERS Ltd./JUDD St. KINGS CROSS/LONDON/FACTORY St. ALBANS/MADE IN ENGLAND; Blood and fire text stamped within the an emblem (circular pattern with a crown on top). Small flower above the last line of text. Stamp on second valve casing: SA[surrounded by laurel leaf]/24151; The numbers 28, 29 and 30 are stamped on the upper caps, lower caps and casings the first, second and third valves respectively.
Salvationist Publishing & Supplies Ltd.
Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
St Albans (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Materials:cork, metal
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 550 x 280 x 185 mm