Double flageolet. Nominal pitch: G (three-finger tonic).
Technical description: Boxwood; [6 sections, including extension to low B on right-hand pipe]; silver keys and 2 cutters; ivory ferrules and studs;left-hand pipe has 7 finger-holes (top one containing ebony plug), and keys for E, D, F and D♯; right-hand pipe has 4 finger-holes, and keys for C (thumb, with ebony plug in key-hole), B, F, low B and low C; 'New' C key on head section, played by L1; [two-part] wind-cap. Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: octagonal, notched and chamfered (9 closed, one open-standing for low B).
Hastrick, Henry [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:342 (without extension, upper part of wind-cap and mouthpiece).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15475