Technical description: Stained stained pearwood with brass ferrules and keywork. Light brass crook with pinhole. Unlined crook well. Bell with flared profile. The F|key for R4 has a single touchpiece. SATK (wing); SATB (butt and long).; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 8 keys.; Keyhead type: 5 flat spades and 3 spatulas.; Keymount type: saddles.; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on wing, butt, "ASTOR / HORWOOD / 79 / CORNHILL / LONDON" / unicorn head.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1254; crook 198.; Sounding length: ; Bore: wing minimum 10.75 at depth of c|90mm.Depth of crook well: tapering to minimum.Diameter of crook well: 11.6 - 11.25 over 25mm.