Technical description: Boxwood barrel, upper section, middle section, lower section, bell; dark wood mouthpiece; ivory ferrules on sockets of each joint and bell rim; brass keys. Waisted barrel. Mouthpiece grooved for thread attachment of reed.; Nominal pitch: E♭.; Type or system: 6-key English.; Keyhead type: flat square.; Keymount type: raised wooden blocks and bell-shaped swelling for R4 finger-hole and mounts for lowest three keys.
Clementi & Co [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on barrel, upper section, middle section, lower section and bell "CLEMENTI & CO / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 498; 446 to top of barrel.; Sounding length: ; Bore: