Technical description: Brass, with tuning-slide, one terraced joint; single gusset in bell; with garland. Right-hand-in-bell chirality.Section lengths: from tuning-slide to terrace joint 510mm; from terrace joint to bell end 615mm.; ; ; ; ; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on garland "o I o G o ROTH o IN o / o ADORF o 1821 o"; shank/crook receiver sheath "C 2".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22-4
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to far coil 340; bell 288.; Sounding length: ; Bore: instrument body at c|70mm from shank/crook receiver (local minimum bore), 10.5; main tuning-slide from 860mm to 1272mm from shank/crook receiver, m.t.s. bores 10.7 - 12.85; at 59mm from bell end, 129.Bell cutoff |700|Hz.Bell wall angle at D=100mm, 22.6°.Dia of crook receiver: m.r.t. 12.0 - 10.95.