Technical description: Copper with brass garland, mouthpiece receiver sheath, chimneys, keywork and saddle. A saddle passes over the 3rd key from the bell. The keys with leaf springs SATK, the spring ends running in channels inside the keymounts. The open-standing bell key has a screw adjustment to regulate opening.With a bit, overall length 29, effective length 16.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 6 keys.; Keyhead type: flat round.; Keymount type: saddles.; ; ;
Probably 2nd quarter of the 19th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell above garland "Henry Godfrey".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to 5th key 420; bell 150.; Sounding length: ; Bore: instrument body at c|40mm from shank/crook receiver (local minimum bore), 11.8.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. of instrument shank/crook receiver 12.85 - 11.9; m.r.t. of bit 12.85 - 11.3.