Technical description: Brass; with garland; two coils; three ferrule-covered joints. The bell has two perforations where bow(s) would be wired to the bell, but both bows are soldered to bell.; Nominal pitch: E?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed in foliate cartouche on garland "KEY / 20, Charing Cross / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 382; bell 119.; Sounding length: 2004.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.3; at 1002mm from bell end, c|11.3; at c|297mm from bell end, 16.0; at 11.8mm from bell end, 76.7.B|=|0.81.Bell cutoff |1400|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.05 - 11.5.