Oboe made of boxwood, in three sections (top and middle body joints, and bell), missing its ferrules and keywork. It has accommodation for two keys (E-flat and C) that would be mounted on raised rings, and would probably have flat, square-covers. Double third and fourth fingerholes, with oblong coves. Two vent holes in bell flare. Conical bore. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on all joints: [fleur de lis] / I. HALE / LONDON
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 575mm; Bell diameter: 59mm