Bassoon made of stained maple in four sections (wing, butt, bass and bell), with brass mounts and keywork. It has six keys mounted on brass saddles, with flat covers and touches, and with flat springs attached to keys. The bottom cap is missing. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on all joints: W. MILHOUSE / LONDON
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 1232mm