A small square piano, probably German and possibly re-built in England during the 19th century, with Prellmechanik action. Compass: B1 to f3, 55 notes.
Royal College of Music Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:The instrument is neither signed nor dated; a brass plaque screwed to the front of the keyflap reads: "PRESENTED TO THE \ ROYAL COLLEGE OF MUSIC \ IN MEMORY OF \ A. J. HIPKINS. F. S. A. \ BY HIS DAUGHTER EDITH. \ 1903."
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:Royal College of Music Museum
- Measurements:Length: 1268.5mm.
- View the original record:http://museumcollections.rcm.ac.uk/collection/Details/collect/1457